Our team shares a mission to transform the energy economy by building best-in-class projects and implementing critical, long-lasting energy infrastructure. We believe that the key to our success is our people. Join us in driving this mission forward.
Passion, integrity and deep domain expertise.
- ASSOCIATE OF PROJECT DEVELOPMENT (STORAGE)- REFERENCE# 540
Soltage is a leader in the development, financing, and operation of distributed utility-scale solar and storage assets for commercial, industrial, municipal, and utility customers across the United States. Soltage has developed more than 125 solar energy projects, with more than 450 MW total distributed generating capacity in operation or under construction and invested over $1 Billion to date into the US clean energy sector. Soltage, backed by Igneo Infrastructure Partner a global infrastructure investment manager, is headquartered in Jersey City New Jersey.
Soltage is seeking an experienced real estate industry professional to fulfill the role of Storage Development Associate. The Storage Development Associate will help develop, manage, and bring to completion energy storage projects in selected markets across the US. This person will report to the Director of Soltage’s storage division. The position is designed to allow the new hire to grow into more senior roles over time, as the storage team expands across markets and builds out its track record of successful projects.
Specific Job Functions:
- The development associate will be instrumental in helping the development team take projects from the Origination team, who secure site control, and deliver them to the Project Management team for execution through Commercial Operation. The work will include efforts in the following activity areas:
- Project pipeline: support originating new project opportunities via desk research, site visits, and meetings. Helping with pitch presentations providing project descriptions and visual representations. Managing external consultants.
- Preliminary project conceptual design: working with internal and external engineering resources to evaluate site limitations; reviewing economic and other project goals. Developing site layout plans and electrical line diagrams. Ability to use a basic 3D software such as Sketchup is desirable.
- Interconnection, permitting, and public incentive processes: with support from internal and external resources, creating interconnection and permitting applications and successfully guiding them through the process with utilities and other Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s). Preparing applications for grant programs and other public incentives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and hold a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or related field. The candidate must have:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience with renewable energy development or project management/coordination, electric grid interconnections, and understanding electric grid systems
- Basic understanding of battery energy storage systems and the dynamics of interconnecting and operating Distributed Energy Resources (DER’s) in general
- Knowledge of and experience with zoning regulations and construction codes
- Ability to use or learn to use analytical, geospatial, engineering design, and other software tools
- Ability to work across a series of online and offline platforms simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, verbally in person and while using remote communications and in writing
- Desire and ability to develop, maintain, and grow a network of industry professionals
- Applicant is a self-starter and combines productivity with responsibility and attention to detail
Resumes may be sent directly to email@example.com
This position will be staffed out of Soltage’s headquarters in Jersey City, NJ
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary package, medical benefit and retirement packages and opportunities for professional development, and a supportive and dynamic work environment. If you are a passionate and talented Solar Project Manager with a strong track record in the renewable energy distributed generation space, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Job Type: Full-time